Acorn Activities offers families the chance to learn about the environment of Kelling Heath and the wildlife that lives amidst this unique estate.
Acorn activities are family focussed activities offering our guests the opportunity to meet new friends whilst learning about the environment and the wildlife that lives there through art, craft and interaction with the great outdoors.
For your enjoyment and your families safety please note the following:
- All children have to be accompanied by an adult to all events and activities. There is no membership required Prior booking at guest services in reception is required unless stated.
- Events and activities can be booked a week in advance and are subject to availability and maximum numbers Some events are run by outside contractors who may charge.
- For all activities meet at The Folly in the Village Square unless otherwise stated.
- Any charges and changes of detail will be displayed on the Village Square notice board.
- The right is reserved to alter the schedule without prior notice.
The following describes some of the many events that are taking place at Kelling Heath 2017, new exciting events are added to our programme throughout the year.The full listing is available in the Events section.
Additions and changes will be posted on the notice board in the Village Square
Acorn Events Creative Craft - throughout the season, indoor art and craft activities most suitable for ages 4 - 14 years of age.
Wrap up warm for family winter wildlife rambles, wake up early for the Dawn Chorus and stay out late for Noises of the Night walks. Join our specialist led Wildlife at Dusk team to find the rare nocturnal Nightjar that lives on the heath.
Search for the seasons with the Kelling Detectives who meet weekly during the school holidays. Record your route with a fascinating journey stick. We discover who is enjoying life in and around our ponds teeming with wildlife ending the morning with a natural craft session in the Village Square.
Nature inspired activities for our younger guests aged 3 - 7 years. Welly Walks, Woodland Rambles, Pond Dippers, Painting and Mask Making and much more
Norfolk Wildlife Trust
Wildlife craft activities and habitat information activities run by the Norfolk Wildlife Trust in the Folly.
Archery and Football
Sporting activities include Archery and Football sessions to keep your children on their toes.